Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting antsy

Ok, so I'm not actually in Bolivia yet.  But I will be soon!  Today's the day.  Rather, tonight is the night, and tomorrow is the day.  My flight leaves at 11:45 pm and arrives in Lima, Peru at the crack of dawn.  I'll hang out with the Peruvians for a few hours, then fly on into Santa Cruz, Bolivia.  Here I will be met by last year's volunteers and the sisters, who will take me to the Hogar.
Maybe I should back up.  I will be serving as a Salesian Lay Missioner at Hogar Sagrado Corazon, an orphanage for girls in Montero, Bolivia, for the next 10-ish months.  The Salesians serve abandoned and impoverished youth around the world.  With the Salesians, faith and fun become one.  I've spend the past five weeks in orientation sessions, youth day camps and a retreat with Salesian priests and brothers.  No, I don't really speak spanish, but I'll work that out as I go.  Got to go get packed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment